Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's the Simple Things in Life

I call this game 'Rocks in a Can.'

I may have mentioned how Sydney is a bit industrial, many warehouses and what not, and usually there are factory workers sitting out for their union-mandated lunch period. As I was walking to get a sandwich today, I heard this clank as if a metal can were dropped on the pavement or something. When I looked over, I noticed a group of guys on their lunch break cheering on another bloke. As it turned out, the lone bloke was standing behind a made up line throwing rocks at a can! (I got a bit of a chuckle out of it.)

Most likely the objective was to get as many rocks in as possible, and no doubt with Oz being a betting culture, there was surely some cash on the game. Anyway, I just started thinking how simply creative people can be and how easily entertained some are. In my normal rush, rush, rush during the week, I have to remember to stop and smell the roses occasionally, or maybe I will just throw a few rocks at a can...

No comments: