Friday, February 27, 2009

New Year's Eve at Sydney Harbour

We returned from Tassie on New Years Eve and were able to see the fireworks on the harbour.  I must admit that it was sort of cool to move into 2009 a bit ahead of the US.  Although, it's not as easy to wish everyone a happy new year from there.  Travis and I took the train down to Circular Quay to find a good spot for the midnight fireworks, but it was a mad house.  Plus, everything was on a much lower level with blocked views.  So, we decided to go up through the Rocks to sit at Observatory Hill, which looks out towards the Harbour Bridge.  Since there were only two of us, we were able to find a decent spot without too much trouble, and we didn't get there until about 10pm.  So, not too long to wait.

I don't know if I was just tired when I took the pictures or whether the ground was shaking from the shock of the fireworks, but some of the pictures are a bit blurry.  It was still cool though.  (Link to PicasaWeb)


No comments: