Saturday, August 30, 2008

Melbourne


Here are some pictures from our recent trip to Melbourne.  Melbourne is the capitol of the state of Victoria, and it definitely presents a different city feel than Sydney.  There is a little more of a European feel there, with small laneways and shopping arcades to happen upon.  Melbourne has much more theatre, cafes and cultural events than Sydney as well.

Actually, Travis took me to see the musical Wicked while we were there.  I can't believe I had to travel all the way to Australia to finally get the chance to see the show.  It was good though.  I bought the book, but I could never get into it.  I think the musical version was probably much more my speed.

One of the days, we took the local street cars to St. Kilda to see a little bit of coast line.  Melbourne has the Yarra River running through it, and the coast looking out towards Tasmania is not far at all.

(Link to Fraus Restaurant)  Here is a link to one of the yummy restaurants we ate at while there.   Fraus serves yummy hot chocolate with many flavors to select.

(Link to PicasaWeb)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey Becca. Lovely pictures of Melbourne. I got your message last week but I was visiting family and friends in the great state of Pennsylvania. Hope to be in touch soon!